Google Photos came as an almost perfect cloud storage system since it was unlimited and free, however, this is over. As of June 1, Google Photos is no longer free and will only offer 15 GB of free storage per user. Follow https://www.techy2tech.com for more updates. Therefore, those who have a large library will have Google Photos storage problems.
Fortunately, Google has a tool in Google Photos to save storage space so that you can store more photos in those free 15 GB. Thanks to this new function, Google will help you delete unnecessary photos and videos that take up too much space in the cloud.
Get extra storage space in Google Photos
Google Photos is one of the best applications to manage your photos in the cloud, and until now it offered unlimited storage for all your photos and videos. However, from now on we will only have 15 GB available, some more if you have certain benefits of Google accounts.
15GB may seem like a lot, but photos and videos can take up a lot of space. Fortunately, Google itself offers a tool to gain some space in Google Photos, these are the steps you should follow:
- Open the Google Photos app on your Android or iOS device.
- Click on your profile picture in the upper right corner.
- Now click on Account storage space.
- Select the Manage Storage option.
- You will see a line with the space you have used and a lot of options.
- In the inferred area you will see a Review and delete section with large photos and videos, screenshots, and blurry photos.
- You can tap on these options and select items to delete and free up storage.
This new tool also shows the storage occupied by your Gmail and Google Drive accounts, and can also clean storage. We can also hire more space with Google One, we have 100 GB for 1.99 euros per month.
There are also similar tricks to get extra storage in the iCloud Photo Library, but after Google’s decision, there are few places to store all your photos in the cloud for free. If for example, you have Amazon Prime, you have this free storage in Amazon Photos.