Apple AirPods is one of the most interesting devices in the Apple catalog, which is why they are the best-selling wireless headphones in the world. However, having no screen or almost no buttons, the process of restoring some AirPods is not as easy as on other devices. So, if you want to restore or factory reset your AirPods, we will tell you how to do it.
You should know that it is not possible to reset the AirPods without an iPhone or an iPad, or an iPod touch, to which they are connected. The process to reset the AirPods is done from the device to which they are connected.
How to reset AirPods and AirPods Pro
To restart and factory restores AirPods or AirPods Pro, these are the steps we must follow. You will need the AirPods, the charging case, and an iPhone or other device that the AirPods are connected to.
- Place the AirPods inside the charging case and close the lid.
- Wait about 30 seconds.
- Now open the lid of the charging case.
- On the iPhone, go to Settings> Bluetooth and press the icon with the “i” next to the AirPods.
- Tap Skip device and confirm the decision.
- Now open the AirPods case and hold down the back button.
- When you see the LED turn white and start blinking, count for 15 seconds.
- Release the button on the case and close the lid.
How to reset AirPods Max
The AirPods Max no carrying case, so that the process to restore the factory Max AirPods is different:
- Press and hold the noise control button and the Digital Crown for 15 seconds.
- You will see the LED blink amber and then white.
- Stop pressing the buttons.
Why Factory Reset AirPods
Knowing how to reset the AirPods is something very important that can be essential for different reasons, so it is something you should know how to do. Here are some reasons to restore AirPods from the factory:
- You are going to sell the AirPods.
- You’re going to give those AirPods to someone else.
- You notice that the AirPods are malfunctioning.
- AirPods disconnect on their own.
- Battery life has drastically decreased.
- AirPods won’t connect.
Here’s how you can factory reset your AirPods to make them look like they were out of the box. This process only works with Apple AirPods, if you have other AirPods type headphones, such as Chinese AirPods, they will be restored differently.